Practitioner Shared Beliefs,
Accepted Responsibilities & Pledge
The Pastoral Medical Association (PMA) is an ecclesiastical association whose Health Network is comprised of like-minded healthcare professionals who share the following core beliefs and accepted responsibilities in providing Pastoral Science & Medicine Services to their clients. It is these fundamental beliefs and convictions that empower and mobilize our actions and form the ethical, moral and spiritual basis for our harmonious interaction and relationship as professional members of the PMA Health Network.
In full alignment with PMA’s Constitution, we believe that:
- God created the heavens and earth; and that God is the Source from whom we derive life and all that we have and all that is.
- God endowed mankind with wisdom through His teachings, including instruction for restoring health and well-being, for all life.
- God bestowed upon mankind all things natural, whether in the nature of food or medicine, the laying on of hands, counsel or prayer, or other methods not offensive to His teachings. And we believe God gave us these resources as spiritual means to address individual suffering and restore health, and as Divine tools for His workers.
- God has called us as His workers; and that we bear both the right and responsibility to share His teachings with others in His name and to go forth in His service to aid and assist all creatures, man and animal, applying the instruction, resources, and tools with which He has entrusted us. And that –
- God has called many workers to come together from all faiths and beliefs with these common goals, and that it is not for us to judge one against another, but that we serve as one united assembly on the divine mission we have been given.
We further believe that –
- All individuals have the fundamental religious right to worship God in their own personal way.
- All individuals have the fundamental right to direct their own personal healthcare, in consultation with healthcare providers, family or other valued advisors of their own choosing.
- These personal rights and liberties originate from God and are bestowed upon us by God, and are not concessions granted to us by governments or men. And that –
- Following God’s instruction will assure the health of mankind and, as believers, we have a right to follow His guidelines and disseminate and share truthful natural health information for our own health and longevity, free from governmental dictates, restraints, and oversight.
In addition, as practitioners of Pastoral Science & Medicine, we recognize and accept the following responsibilities in serving our clients –
- Explaining to clients that their best outcomes will be achieved through a candid, communicative and cooperative working relationship in which the client’s unique values, preferences and convictions are taken into consideration and the client understands all aspects, agrees with and is fully involved in formulating and implementing his/her health recovery plan and any decision about the best course of action for obtaining desired health outcomes.
- Taking the time necessary for understanding our clients’ health concerns, evaluating whether our services are right for them, and, if so, informing our clients about the proposed services, their projected cost, and what the clients can reasonably expect to gain.
- Listening to our clients carefully and evaluating each client’s situation in view of the complex web of interactions presented by the individual’s personal background, unique physiology and lifestyle that contribute to his/her overall health condition; taking into account both internal (mind, body, and spirit) and external (physical and social environmental) factors affecting how the person’s total system is functioning.
- Engaging in the discovery process with our clients to identify the root causes of chronic dysfunction and adverse symptoms, and suggesting strategies we personally would use in their position to restore functional balance, promote natural healing and regain optimal health.
- Giving our clients opportunity to express their opinion and participate in all decisions affecting their healthcare; and referring clients to other qualified healthcare providers, when appropriate.
- Adhering to the terms and conditions of the PMA Practitioner-Client Agreement for Wellness Services. And –
- Maintaining our PMA License in good standing and operating at all times within PMA’s defined Scope of Practice and Standards of Care.
Truly, We Hold These Convictions
and Responsibilities Forever Inviolate
Based upon my God-given individual rights and spiritual faith, I hereby confirm that I hold and share the above-stated beliefs and accept the defined responsibilities as a PMA Licensee. In addition, I hereby further confirm my sincere intention and give my solemn and binding pledge to practice Pastoral Science & Medicine in full alignment with these shared beliefs and accepted responsibilities.