We’re Facing a Big Problem
“Chronic Disease is The Leading Cause of Death and Disability in the United States”, CDC Government Report
Chronic diseases and conditions such as arthritis, cancer, diabetes, heart disease, stroke, and obesity – are among the most common and costly of all health problems. These are just a few of the faces of “chronic illness”.
- As of 2012, about half of all adults—117 million people—had one or more chronic health conditions. One of four adults had two or more chronic health conditions.
- Seven of the top 10 causes of death in 2010 were chronic diseases. Two of these chronic diseases—heart disease and cancer—together accounted for nearly 48% of all deaths.
- Obesity is a leading health concern. During 2009–2010, more than one-third of adults, or about 78 million people, were obese (defined as body mass index [BMI] ≥30 kg/m2). Nearly one of five children and teenagers aged 2–19 years was obese (BMI ≥95th percentile).3
- Diabetes is the leading cause of kidney failure, lower-limb amputations other than those caused by injury, and new cases of blindness among adults.
But Chronic Illness is Preventable!
It’s a scientific reality. YOU CAN REGAIN YOUR HEALTH!”
People with chronic illnesses are recovering and enjoying life again.
- You can reverse the unhealthy lifestyle patterns.
- You can transform your health in as little as 5 short weeks!
- You can live pain-free and restore vibrant health.
Get On the Path to Vibrant Health Now
There are two important steps —
- First, enjoy the rewards of joining PMA’s Health Network. There is NO COST to participate! Join the PMA Health Network
- Second, Assess How Healthy You Are. Take advantage of our special offer to Learn your WICO Score (Wellness Index) and consult with a skilled PMA practitioner about health issues you may have.